Dr. Allen Paul Schantz
The K. Marie Stolba Professor of Music
School of Music
- Ph.D. Aesthetics, Music Theory (University of Colorado)
- M.M.E. (University of Colorado)
- M.Div. (Denver Seminary)
- B.A. (Adams State College)
- Liberal Arts Professor for 30 years.
- Author of "The Arts in a New Key: Aesthetic Power in Action", "Pun with the Professor", and "Music Theory via the O.K. Chorale"
- Faculty Teaching Excellence Award, 2005; Former President of the College Music Society/Rocky Mountain Chapter
- Researcher of music and art in France
- Translation work in French, Spanish, German, Latin, Hebrew, and Greek
- Former Dean of the School of Music, Theatre and Arts
- Published reviews include: A Review of Tonal Allegory in the Music of J. S. Bach and "Singing the Lord's Songs: A Review of the Psalter Hymnal and Rejoice in the Lord: A Hymn Companion to the Scriptures"
- Published papers include: Musical Creativity and Tacit Knowledge and The Christian College and Musical Scholarship.