Dr. Kyle Greenwood
Associate Professor of Old Testament and Hebrew Language
School of Theology
- Doctor of Philosophy in Hebrew Bible and Ancient Near East (Hebrew Union College)
- Master of Divinity (Asbury Theological Seminary)
- Bachelor of Arts (University of Cincinnati)
Associated Faculty of Old Testament at Denver Seminary
Planning committee for the Rocky Mountain-Great Plains region of the Society of Biblical Literature/ American Academy of Religion/ American Society of Oriental Research
Editorial board for Journal of the Evangelical Study of the Old Testament
- Scripture and Cosmology: Reading the Bible Between the Ancient World and Modern Science. Downers Grove, IL: IVP Academic. 2015.
- Since the Beginning: Interpreting Genesis 1-2 Through the Ages (ed). Grand Rapids, Mich.: Baker Academic, Under Contract.
- Journal Articles and Book Chapters:
- “Late Tenth and Ninth Century Issues: Ahab Underplayed? Jehoshaphat Overplayed?” in Ancient Israel's History: An Introduction to Issues and Sources. Edited by Bill T. Arnold, and Richard S. Hess. Grand Rapids: Baker, 2014.
- “A Shuilla: Anu 1” and “A Shuilla: Marduk 2” in Akkadian Prayers and Hymns: A Reader. Edited by Alan Lenzi. SBL Ancient Near Eastern Monographs 3. Atlanta: SBL, 2011.
- “Debating Wisdom: The Role of Voice in Ecclesiastes.” Catholic Biblical Quarterly 74 (2012) 476-91.
- “A Historical and Contextual Reconstruction of KAH 2.76.” Nouvelles Assyriolgiques Breveset Utilitaires 2010/2, 45.
- “The Hearing God of the Assyrian Royal Inscriptions.” Journal of Ancient Near Eastern Religions 10/2 (2010) 211-18.
- “Labor Pains: The Relationship Between David’s Census and Corvee Labor.” Bulletin for Biblical Research 20.4 (2010) 467-78
- “A Case of Metathesis in Isaiah lii 5b?” Vetus Testamentum 56/1 (2006) 138-41.
Academic Paper Presentations:
- "Ahab's Death Twice Told: Identifying th 'King of Israel' in 1 Kings 22." Presented at the National Meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature. Atlanta, GA. Nov. 24, 2015.
- “‘Proverbs of Ash, Defenses of Clay’: The Rhetorical Effect of Proverbs in Job.” Presented to the joint Regional Meeting of the American Academy of Religion, American Schools of Oriental Research, and the Society of Biblical Literature. University of Denver, March 30, 2014.
- “When Adam Became a Man.” Presented to the Genesis Section at the Society of Biblical Literature. Baltimore, MD. Nov 25, 2013.
- “Tukultī or Not Tukultī? That is the Question: Reassessing a Middle Assyrian laḫmu Cult Pedestal.” Presented to the joint Regional Meeting of the American Academy of Religion, American Schools of Oriental Research, and the Society of Biblical Literature. Denver Seminary, Denver, CO. April 4, 2013.
- “The Battle of Qarqar in the Assyrian and Levantine Sources.” Presented in absentia to the joint Regional Meeting of the American Academy of Religion, American Schools of Oriental Research, and the Society of Biblical Literature. Provo, UT. March 23, 2012.
- “Debating Wisdom: The Role of Voice in Qoheleth.” Presented to the Wisdom in Hebrew and Cognate Traditions section at the Society of Biblical Literature. San Francisco, CA. Nov 21, 2011.