"In the wilderness I sense the miracle of life, and behind it our scientific accomplishments fade to trivia."
- Charles Lindbergh, American aviator, author, inventor, explorer, and activist (1902-1974)
The Wilderness Leadership minor at Colorado Christian University is an intensive summer immersion program - check out the top ten benefits.
- You’ll learn skills such as effective communication, group dynamics, decision-making, and risk management that will prepare you for any post-graduate work environment.
- You’ll build relationships with the faculty in CCU’s School of Business and Leadership, who are more than highly educated – they’re experienced.
- You’ll be trained to have an enduring commitment to the integration of exemplary academics, spiritual formation, and engagement with the world of unique individuals.
- You’ll use the same skills that the Lord will develop in you over these 80 days to be equipped as a mature and effective leader in your church, career, community, and family.
- You’ll gain technical outdoors skills like mountaineering, backpacking, backcountry living as well as as well as Wilderness First Responder training and ‘Leave No Trace’ principles, all with a Christian perspective.
- You’ll spend 80 days developing your wisdom, character, competency, and relationship with Christ while growing intellectually, physically, and spiritually.
- You’ll be certified as a Wilderness First Responder and a Leave No Trace Trainer, completing one of the most comprehensive and well-respected Christian wilderness courses.
- You’ll have a minor that will support any field of study as a portfolio-builder of knowledge, technical skills, and character qualities.
- You’ll interact with other leadership students who understand the biblical basis for wilderness ministry, and have similar passions.
- You’ll finish an entire semester of college in just 80 days!
Wilderness Leadership In the Christian University
The wilderness has always been a place where God calls, refines, and
prepares leaders. The program is designed to foster your growth in
wisdom and stature, character and competency, and deepen your
relationship with Christ. CCU’s Wilderness Leadership faculty members
understand the biblical basis for wilderness ministry, and are deeply
committed to wilderness ministry that trains future leaders in the body
of Christ, investing in your abilities to lead others and glorify God.
The Wilderness Leadership Minor is not simply a technical skills course –
it is an opportunity to encounter God in his creation, acquire
practical leadership competencies, and learn wilderness, communication
and character skills.