$10,000 CCU / K-LOVE Scholarship Recipient Announced

University Headlines

Aron Boesl of Coos Bay, Oregon awarded $10,000 tuition scholarship from CCU and K-LOVE Christian Radio

June 1, 2011 – Aron Boesl, supervisor of radiology and medical imaging at Bay Area Hospital in Coos Bay, Oregon, just learned that he’s been awarded a $10,000 scholarship to enroll in courses through Colorado Christian University’s (CCU) College of Adult and Graduate Studies.

Boesl won the random drawing scholarship in the spring 2011 K-LOVE and CCU Scholarship Contest. More than 4,500 K-LOVE listeners entered the contest that aired between May 9 and May 15.

He said he became aware of CCU through K-LOVE.com and was looking into its adult degree options. Then while listening to K-LOVE, he read about the CCU scholarship contest on the website. “I immediately entered and to my surprise ended up winning. It is my hope this education will help me to be a better leader both in my occupation and in my service to Christ,” he said.

CCU’s College of Adult and Graduate Studies offers associate, bachelor’s and master’s degree programs in accounting, business administration, biblical studies, counseling, education, entrepreneurship, ethics, information technology, organizational management, nursing, project management, and many others.

Boesl said one of his greatest joys has been to use his medical training overseas. A couple of years ago, he traveled with his family to Cote d’Ivoire, West Africa on a short-term medical mission trip with WorldVenture. There he trained three x-ray technicians in radiology and four doctors in ultrasound imaging. “It was a life-changing trip for my whole family. We have continued serving the missionaries at the Baptist Hospital in Ferkessedougou and last year shipped a 40-foot container of medical supplies.”

He and his wife, Rose, attended Bodenseehof, a TorchBearer Bible School in Germany, in 1990-1991. When they returned to Coos Bay they founded a Bible Conference Ministry which they led for nearly 10 years. Boesl was also a guest lecturer at Capernwray Harbour Bible School on Thetis Island, British Columbia.

“It became clear to me that I needed more credentials so I pursued an online bachelor’s degree in Pulpit Communication and Expository Teaching from Trinity Bible College and Seminary in Newburgh, Indiana. Since finishing the degree, I have provided pulpit supply to several churches in the community and have spoken at several weekend retreats,” Boesl said.

He and Rose, who has a degree in education, have home schooled their children off and on. She now teaches piano to 16 students. Their son, Markus, just completed his first year at Yale College in New Haven, CT;, Heidi finished her junior year in high school; and Katie has finished eighth grade.

ABOUT K-LOVE
Located in Rocklin, Calif., K-LOVE (www.klove.com) is a nonprofit radio network governed by the Educational Media Foundation. K-LOVE broadcasts contemporary Christian music and news programs nationally to a listening audience of more than five million and another 250,000 who listen each week via the Internet.