If you are considering going back to school to pursue a nursing degree from Colorado Christian University, you may be concerned about how many factors such as how you will manage any family and job responsibilities you currently have when classes begin, how you will pay for your education and if you are “emotionally” ready to be a student again. These are the challenges that all adult students face regardless of what degree program they are considering. For adults who are interested in completing a nursing degree, or just want to learn more about their nursing career by taking classes, CCU’s College of Adult and Graduate Studies offers a variety of flexible educational opportunities including these programs:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN)
- Licensed Practical Nurse to Associate of Science in Nursing (LPN-ASN)
- American Quarter Horse Foundation Nursing Scholarship: Financial assistance for members of the AQHA (American Quarter Horse Foundation). Scholarships are awarded on the basis of financial need, academic merit, equine involvement and civic activities. This scholarship is perfect for equestrians who want to explore/continue in the nursing field. Applicants must complete an application form, and the deadline is December 1, 2011, so act quickly to avoid missing out on this unique scholarship opportunity.
- Health Occupations Students of America scholarships are for students who want to get basic training or advanced degrees in the health care industry, including nursing. Students must complete an application form and supply letters of reference and transcripts to be eligible for the award. Students who are involved in leadership activities in their communities and fields will be considered first for this financial assistance.
- Lydia’s Professional Uniforms Scholarship–a leading supplier of health care apparel offers nursing students the opportunity to receive additional financial assistance by partnering with the AACN. Students in their junior year of study in a BSN program must submit an essay, GPA information, and an application to be considered for this $2,500 scholarship. To learn more about scholarships from the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, visit their website and read about their student scholarship programs.
- Global Scholarship Alliance Nurse Leaders for America Scholarship Programs is a program that offers students a work/study program. Applicants can be US, Canadian, or international registered nurses with at least one year of experience and must in need of a fully-funded BSN or MSN scholarship. The work must be done at an accredited US nursing school, and upon graduation, you must complete a period of service. This general financial award covers all expenses related to the degree, text books and a lap top computer! GSA is currently accepting applications so act now to take advantage of this amazing scholarship opportunity.
- Putting Nurses First Rue Education LPN to RN Scholarship: A community outreach program designed to help busy working nurses earn their ASN or BSN degrees. The program aims to help students ease the financial burden of education and maintain a steady income. This financial assistance covers most expenses and ranges from $4,250 to $7,225 depending on the needs of the student.