Criminal Justice is a vast field with many different career offerings available, some of which are in very high demand in this age of ever-evolving technology. With advanced technology, unfortunately, comes more ways to commit crimes using that technology, especially computers. If you are considering going back to school to pursue a criminal justice degree at Colorado Christian University, your choices for career opportunities abound. Popular criminal justice fields are out there and need to be filled by hard-working graduates, and according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand will only keep growing.
- Cybersecurity is a growing concern both nationally and internationally. Cyber threats and society’s dependence on the Internet have placed a premium on those with knowledge in the area of cybersecurity. In recent years, more and more federal funding has been spent on training cybersecurity professionals, with plans to hire thousands of new employees within the Department of Homeland Security in the coming years.
- The need for security guards is growing by leaps and bounds. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, this field is poised to expand by more than 14% between now and 2018. More and more people are hiring private security guards for their businesses and their homes, and since the attacks on 9-11-01, security presence in government buildings, financial districts and even retail stores has grown exponentially. While security guards may not have gotten the respect they deserve in the past (you may have heard the phrase “rent a cop” used pejoratively to refer to security guards), these brave men and women are being sought out to protect the lives and property of millions of people worldwide.
- Paralegals are also in great demand, and as laws change and the crime rate continues to rise, bright men and women are needed to stay abreast of the nation’s laws and statutes and assist attorneys in preparation of their cases. Job growth in this field of criminal justice is projected at 28% from 2008-2018 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Corrections positions such as parole and probation officers play a critical role in criminal rehabilitation, providing a bridge between corrections and the re-entrance into society upon release from incarceration. More emphasis is being placed on the importance of this role in the criminal justice system, and the field is expected to grow by 19% by the end of 2018 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Court reporters possess a unique, much-needed skill that is currently in high demand. This field is expected to grow by 18% by the year 2018.
If you are an adult student returning to school to pursue a criminal justice degree and ready to pursue one of the many popular criminal justice fields, Colorado Christian University offers bachelor’s degrees, associate’s degrees and criminal justice certificates in this very popular, challenging field. Simply contact the adult degree program admissions office for information about how to begin the exciting journey of obtaining a degree in criminal justice.