While not every student wants to become a nurse or a medical billing professional, that doesn’t mean that they can’t pursue a degree that allows them to be involved in the health care industry. An Associate Degree in Healthcare Administration is a unique educational program that affords online students the opportunity to pursue a career in this ever-changing and ever-growing field.
5 Benefits of an Associate Degree in Healthcare Administration
- The health care industry is expected to grow significantly throughout the next decade, which means graduates of this program will be in high demand. According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, jobs in this particular field are expected to grow by about 22 percent.
- This degree program provides an excellent starting point for students who want to pursue a lifelong career in the industry. The associate degree program can be completed in about two years, allowing students to get their foot in the door in the industry. However, the foundation of this program is designed so that interested students can pursue a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree program after they have graduated.
- The healthcare administration program features classes that teach students the skills they need in order to be marketable after graduation. Health care organizations are looking for administrative professionals who are familiar with the most advanced technology as well as the recent health care law changes.
- As health care laws continue to change, knowledgeable graduates of this program are going to be in demand at many top health care organizations. Many existing organizations will need to grow and develop during this time, and a recent healthcare administration graduate will have the skills and knowledge necessary to help guide the organizations through this change.
- Healthcare administrators earn a higher than average salary, and this is expected to rise as the demand for qualified healthcare administration professionals continues to grow. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average annual salary of a healthcare administration professional was about $96,000 per year.
An Associate Degree in Healthcare Administration allows you to get involved in an exciting and growing industry, as well as take on a pivotal role in an organization during a time of change. This is your chance to have an impact on health care in the United States, while also enjoying a lucrative and stable career at the same time.