Working as a registered nurse requires patience, dedication and often spending 10-to-12 hour days at a hospital or other busy medical care facility. Colorado Christian University understands how hard it is for working registered nurses to find the time to physically attend classes in the pursuit of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.
To help RNs further their career opportunities, CCU has established an online online RN to BSN course program in conjunction with Colorado Christian University’s College of Adult and Graduate Studies.
Why a Bachelor of Science Nursing Degree?
After working as a registered nurse for several years, many nurses wish to move into teaching, research-oriented or managerial roles within a healthcare setting. Additional coursework is therefore necessary to earn the more in-depth Bachelor of Science Nursing degree.
In addition to providing more employment opportunities and the potential for higher pay, an online RN to BSN degree at CCU is also needed before nurses can earn a Master of Nursing or Doctorate of Nursing degree.
As an online BSN student at Colorado Christian University, your courses will explore academic and administrative subjects such as:
- Nursing science
- Research concepts
- Nursing informatics
- Managerial and leadership theory
BSN students also need to fulfill general education requirements involving liberal arts electives in order to meet Bachelor of Science degree requirements.
How Long Does It Take to Complete the Bachelor of Science Nursing Program?
Completing online coursework typically takes one to two years, depending on how many credits a nurse needs to meet degree requirements.
- Advantages of Earning an Online BSN at Colorado Christian University
- Continue working while studying at your own pace–courses can be completed in your spare time regardless of your work schedule.
- Receive help and encouragement from Christian nurses living in the U.S.
- Learn necessary knowledge from a curriculum that is evidence-based and reinforced with the latest information concerning global health, informatics, bioethics and genomics.
- Remain close to your faith by studying courses integrated and enriched with Christian principles, moral leadership guidelines and spiritual care insights.
As a student in our RN to BSN program, you will also have the opportunity to experience immersion in an international capstone course. In addition, transferring students can transfer up to 83 credits they have already earned from any nationally accredited university or college.
Whether you are working full-time or part-time, you can easily begin expanding your opportunities and knowledge as a registered nurse by earning a prestigious Bachelor of Science Nursing degree online at Colorado Christian University.