• Health and Wellness

    Health and Wellness

    University Health Services

    CCU’s Health Services clinic is staffed by a licensed registered nurse and provides routine medical care for students in the College of Undergraduate Studies.

    Clinic services include:

    • Diagnosing and treating minor illnesses
    • Prescribing medications
    • Making medical referrals as needed
    • Limited laboratory and blood testing
    • Flu shots, meningitis shots, and limited vaccinations
    • Allergy shots on a written physician's order

    For most services, there is a small clinic charge. There are no charges for follow-up visits related to that illness. Walk-ins are seen as the schedule allows, or appointments can be scheduled Monday -Friday during the academic year.

    Health Insurance Requirements

    As a condition of enrollment, all students in the College of Undergraduate Studies carrying 6 credits or more must have health insurance coverage. Students must submit the Student Personal Insurance Coverage Form by the add/drop date of the first semester of enrollment. Students are only required to submit the waiver once during their uninterrupted enrollment. If a student's insurance situation changes, they must submit the new information. A new form must be completed with any name change or change in health care insurance. If a student is away from the University for a semester or more, a new form is required. If the form is not received by the add/drop date of the first semester of enrollment, a registration hold will be placed on the student's account.

    Athletes - If you are a student athlete you MUST submit the Student Personal Insurance Coverage Form to the University Health Services Clinic. Giving the form to a coach or athletic trainer does not meet the health insurance requirements for the University.

    Immunization Requirements

    The immunization requirements listed below are for all students enrolled in six or more credits in the College of Undergraduate Studies. The State of Colorado requires all college students to have a certified record of two (2) doses of Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) vaccine. The MMR record must be signed by a physician, nurse, county health department official or school health authority. The following is taken from the Colorado Immunization law:

    • Measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine is not required for college students born before January 1, 1957.
    • If the student received a second measles dose prior to July 1, 1992, the second rubella and mumps dose is not required.
    • The first MMR must have been given on or after the first birthday. The second dose of measles, mumps and rubella vaccine or of the measles vaccine must have been administered at least 28 calendar days after the first dose.
    • In lieu of immunization, written evidence of laboratory tests showing immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella is acceptable.
    • There is a “Statement of Exemption” to the immunization law that can be signed. This includes a medical, religious, and personal exemption. In the event of an outbreak of measles, mumps, or rubella, exempted students will be subject to exclusion from school until the outbreak is over.

    The meningitis vaccine is recommended by the CDC, the Colorado State Health Department, and the American College Health Association. The State of Colorado does not require that students have the meningitis vaccine, but the state requires signed documentation that each student has read the information about the disease and the vaccination. The student must show proof of either:

    • Having received the Meningococcal Vaccine within 5 years prior to enrollment;
    • Having read the “Meningococcal Disease” information sheet and declined the vaccine, by completing the waiver; or
    • Having read the “Meningococcal Disease” information sheet and completed the request form to receive the vaccine.

    Please note that persons under 21 years should have documentation of having received a dose of the Meningococcal vaccine within the 5 years prior to enrollment. If the primary dose was administered on or before the student’s 15th birthday, a booster dose should be administered before enrollment in college. The booster dose can be administered any time after the 16th birthday.

    The Health Services clinic will have the vaccine on hand at the beginning of each semester. The vaccination cost varies each year and is payable by cash or check made out to Colorado Christian University.

    Students must turn in their MMR information and meningitis information to the Health Services clinic by the second week of classes each semester. If the immunization requirement has not been met or the meningitis information has not been completed by that time, an academic hold will be placed on the student's record. This hold will prevent the student from receiving a transcript of grades or registering for any further classes.

    Communicable Disease Policy

    A variety of communicable diseases exist that vary in degree of transmission to others and severity of potential health risks to individuals. These diseases, ranging from infections such as chicken pox, measles, and mononucleosis to more serious diseases such as tuberculosis, leprosy, and acquired immune deficiency syndrome, generate differing levels of concern among various populations.

    Colorado Christian University strives to establish clear, consistent and non-discriminatory policies and procedures to deal with communicable diseases and concurrently acknowledges the importance of protecting the privacy of individuals. These policy and procedure statements are formulated on the basis of current medical and legal opinions regarding communicable diseases with the goals of providing health awareness opportunities and extending proper treatment to all CCU employees, faculty, and students within the bounds of legal, moral, and ethical responsibilities. A full description of the policy statement regulating communicable diseases is available in the University Health Services office or the Student Life office.

    If a student will not be 18 years of age when he/she arrives on campus, a Consent to Treat Minors form must be completed, signed by the student's parent or legal guardian and turned in to the Health Services clinic.

  • Contact Info

    Health Services

    Phone: 303-963-3365

    Fax: 303-301-8365