• Special Tuition for Military Service Members and Dependents

    CCU's College of Adult and Graduate Studies offers reduced tuition for active duty military, Reserve, and National Guard students and their adult dependents. It is now easier than ever for service members to afford an education at Colorado Christian University.

    The military service tuition rate is equivalent to the Military Tuition Assistance limit per course, which means that service members taking undergraduate or graduate level classes in CCU’s College of Adult and Graduate Studies program (with the exception of core pre-licensure Nursing classes) will incur no out-of-pocket tuition costs (under the present Tuition Assistance rules). Courses may have required fees which are unaffected by this policy. Under the current Memorandums of Understanding with Peterson Air Force Base, U.S. Air Force Academy, Schriever Air Force Base, and Buckley Air Force Base, students taking courses at these bases are assessed the reduced military service tuition rate. The standard technology fee is not incurred on courses at a U.S. military bases.

    Any scholarship, voucher, grant, benefit, or other assistance, funded by or facilitated at the discretion of Colorado Christian University that is made available to spouses of military service members or veterans due to their status such as, will only be available to spouses as defined by CCU as a husband or wife of a service member who together are in state-sanctioned marriage and are natural-born members of the opposite sex.

    Please refer to the College of Adult and Graduate Studies Tuition website for detailed information on tuition and fees.

  • Military Tuition FAQs

    Are all current military service members eligible for the reduced tuition price or only those receiving Tuition Assistance?
    All active duty service members, members of the Reserve and National Guard, as well as their adult dependents, are eligible for the tuition discount; not just those receiving TA.
    What is the definition of a ‘dependent’?
    A dependent is any adult dependent (i.e. 24 years or older) who can be considered a legal dependent for financial aid purposes.
    What if I’m not seeking a degree? Am I still eligible?
    Yes, you do not have to be a degree-seeking student, but you will have to submit an application in order to qualify for the reduced tuition rate.
    What “proof” do I need to provide that I am on active duty, a member of the Reserve or National Guard, or a dependent? Who do I give it to?
    We cannot accept a photocopy of your military ID as confirmation of military status. The document that establishes military service status is the service member's Leave and Earnings Statement (LES). No other documentation will be accepted for proof of military status. Students can choose one of two methods to determine dependency status. Dependent students may either 1) submit a copy of their most recently filed Federal income tax form (just the 1040 form is sufficient) verifying legal dependency or 2) submit a copy of the service member's Leave and Earnings Statement (LES) indicating "Spouse" in the Dependency block AND submit a copy of the student's marriage license. Further documentation may be required. Please submit to StudentPayments@ccu.edu or fax 303-963-3231.
    When and how will I be able to verify that my actual tuition rate is the “military service member” rate quoted on the tuition page for my program of study?
    After completing the CCU Course Registration process, you will be able to view your financial statement at your student WebAdvisor link.
    What “documentation” is needed to determine my tuition cost for each class for my Military Education Office in order to get my TA Vouchers created?
    Each Military Education Office has his/her procedures (which may differ from each other). It is the student’s responsibility to determine what is needed.
    What happens when I leave the service? Will my tuition rate change after I separate from the military?
    After you separate, you are no longer eligible for the military tuition rate. You will be billed full tuition for all classes started after you separate. Service members are expected to notify CCU when they discharge.
    If I run out of Tuition Assistance during the school year, will I still receive the reduced tuition rate for classes not covered by TA?
    Yes, as long as you are still a military service member (active duty, Reserve or National Guard).
    I didn’t know about the reduced military tuition rate at the time that I registered, and I was charged the regular rate. Can I get a refund for the difference?
    Submit documentation verifying your eligibility for the special tuition rate for military service members to StudentPayments@ccu.edu. If you are eligible CCU will apply the reduced tuition rate which may result in a refund.
    My maximum allowed TA is reached this fiscal year. Can I start taking classes at the reduced rate?
    Yes. This tuition benefit is for a military service member and is not subject to the availability of the TA benefit.
    I didn’t know about the reduced military tuition rate, and I had my TA Voucher created for the maximum TA amount and a TopUp for the difference – now what do I need to do? I already sent the TA Voucher to the VA (as my Ed Officer told me to do), so what do I do about the amount in excess of CCU's military tuition rate that was deposited into my account?
    We recommend that you contact the VA. If they have not already processed your reimbursement, you might be able to “withdraw” your request for the Top-Up benefit.
    Whose responsibility is it to update CCU’s records to show that I am a military service member and am entitled to a discount? I was told that I would only be charged the TA amount for my class – so I had my TA Voucher created for that amount – and now I’m getting charged more for the class.
    The student is responsible to ensure that the military service member status is properly documented so that billing will be correct. To remedy this situation, call 303-963-3040 or e-mail StudentPayments@ccu.edu. A Service Central Service Specialist will be pleased to assist you.
    Is this benefit retroactive for prior courses taken at CCU?
    The reduced military tuition rate only applies to undergraduate and graduate level classes (with the exception of core pre-licensure Nursing courses) beginning on or after August 22, 2005 for active duty, Reserves, and National Guard service members and their adult dependents.
    Where can I find more information on this special tuition rate and the process for receiving it?
    Please call 303-963-3040 or e-mail StudentPayments@ccu.edu. A Service Central Service Specialist will be pleased to assist you.
    I am a Reservist (or Guard member). Is this special tuition rate applicable to me and my dependents?
    Yes, beginning January 1, 2012 members of the Reserves and National Guard, as well as their dependents, are also eligible for the special military tuition rate offered through our College of Adult and Graduate Studies.
    Who should I contact if my bill is incorrect?
    Call 303-963-3320 or e-mail StudentPayments@ccu.edu. A Service Central Service Specialist will be pleased to assist you.
    How does this rate affect tuition for online courses?
    For military service members and their adult dependents, CCU's military tuition rate is the same whether a course is taken in a classroom or online. Under this policy only tuition is discounted, not course fees (e.g., technology fees, lab fees, etc.).
    Is the application fee waived as part of this policy?
    No, the military tuition discount applies to tuition only and does not affect the application fee.
    Does this benefit apply to courses offered in CCU’s traditional undergraduate college (CUS)?
    The reduced tuition rate for military service members and their adult dependents applies only to undergraduate and graduate courses (with the exception of core pre-licensure Nursing courses) offered by our College of Adult and Graduate Studies.
    I am approved to receive Tuition Assistance (TA) payments from my Education Office towards my CCU courses. How do I get my TA payments applied to my CCU student account?
    You need to submit copies of the approved TA authorization form(s) to the school for each course(s) you are approved. These documents should be e-mailed to StudentPayments@ccu.edu or faxed to 303-963-3231 as soon as you receive approval.
    What happens if I fail to turn in my TA authorization forms?
    If you fail to turn in your TA forms in a timely manner, your account may be placed on hold which restricts you from registration changes and receiving a transcript. Your account may also be subject to finance charges and/or other collection measures.
Request Info:

Our Enrollment Counselors are waiting for your call. Or, submit your information:

First Name
Last Name
I reside outside of the U.S.
Promo Code (Optional)
By submitting this form, I agree to be called by or on behalf of CCU using an automatic telephone dialing system at the phone number provided on this form. All calls placed will be regarding educational services. Consent is not required as a condition of enrollment. CCU may also contact me via text or email.
  • Connect with CCU's College of Adult and Graduate Studies:
  • Contact Info:

    Service Central

    Phone: 303-963-3040

    or 844-25-START

    Fax: 303-963-3231

    Email: vasupport@ccu.edu