The public record contains the following undisputed data points. What do they add up to? Nothing conspiratorial, for all are from open sources. Nothing conclusive, for the President and his circle behave more like blue-state Democrats than Reds. But certain nothing good. Consider and see what you think:
(1) Frank Marshall Davis, member of the Communist Party (USA), was Obama’s primary mentor as a teenager in Hawaii, which Obama admits in his book “Dreams of My Father.”
(2) Obama always sought out those on the far left: “I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets. … Political discussions, the kind at Occidental had once seemed so intense and purposeful, came to take on the flavor of the socialist conferences I sometimes attended at Cooper Union” -Dreams of My Father
(3) Saul Alinsky, member of the Communist Party (USA) was a major influence on Obama. Alinsky’s book Rules for Radicals was followed closely by Obama. Alinsky disparages “the white, middle class” in terms which mirror Karl Marx’s attack on the bourgeoisie in the Communist Manifesto. Obama actually taught Alinsky’s methods to other community organizers in Chicago. Alinsky was actually cited by Michelle Obama on the stump in the 2008 election.
(4) Bill Ayers and Bernadette Dorhn, former terrorists with the Weather Underground and the far-left Students for a Democratic Society, have been friends of Obama for years. Obama decided to launch his political career in their home, and the two of them sat together on several boards. Obama’s church is Marxist: “The vision statement of Trinity United Church of Christ is based upon systematized liberation theology” –Trinity United Church of Christ Website
(5) “Obama has had an intimate and long-term association with the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN)…Chicago ACORN appears to have played a major role in Obama’s political advance… Acorn’s radical agenda sometimes shifts toward “undisguised authoritarian socialism.” -Stanley Kurtz, National Review
(6) Communist Party and other radical Marxist groups endorsed Obama: “Our Party actively supported Obama during the primary election.” -Source: Communist Party USA Website “Marxists/Socialists/Communists for Obama… We support Barack Obama because he knows what is best for the people!” Source: Marxists/Socialists/Communists for Obama
(7) Obama’s Green Jobs Czar Van Jones, while jailed in the 1990’s for participating in race riots after the Rodney King verdict, came in contact with people who inspired him. In his own words, “I met all these young radical people of color – I mean really radical, communists and anarchists. And it was, like, ‘This is what I need to be a part of… I spent the next ten years of my life working with a lot of those people I met in jail, trying to be a revolutionary…I was a rowdy nationalist on April 28th, and then the verdicts came down on April 29th. By August, I was a communist.”
(8) Obama’s Energy and Climate Change Czar, Carol Browner, served on the Commission for a Sustainable World Society, which is part of the Socialist International. Her association with the group has since been scrubbed from their website. She was also on the board for George Soros’ Center for American Progress.
(9) White House Communications Director Anita Dunn, told high school students this summer, “…two of my favorite political philosophers, Mao Tse-tung and Mother Teresa…the two people I turn to most…” Mao was responsible for the death of hundreds of millions of people (estimates run from between 70 to 400 million).
(10) Manufacturing Czar Ron Bloom also rejects the free market and praises the tactics of Chairman Mao. “We know that the free market is nonsense. We know that the whole point is to game the system, to beat the market, or at least find someone who will pay you a lot of money because they’re convinced that there is a free lunch. We know this is largely about power, that it’s an adults only, no limit game. We kind of agree with Mao that political power comes largely from the barrel of a gun.”
How many more communists do we need to find in the current administration before we conclude that something is gravely wrong? What should we expect next? With Mao so much in vogue, perhaps a Cultural Revolution?