Ballot-palooza floods Colorado mailboxes, benefiting Dems

Home/Uncategorized/Ballot-palooza floods Colorado mailboxes, benefiting Dems

Ballot-palooza floods Colorado mailboxes, benefiting Dems

A third of a million Coloradans who have shown little interest in voting will get ballots in the mail this month anyway, teeing up a big pool of low-information voters for manipulation by Democrats and expanding the opportunities for election fraud.

The trigger for this was House Bill 1303, enacted last spring, which not only provides for same-day voter registration, but also requires election officials to reclassify recently non-participating, but still registered, legal residents. The following analysis is based on data available at

After enactment of HB13-1303, the Colorado Secretary of State and county clerks cleaned up their “Inactive Voter” rolls. Over 374,000 of the 881,000 “Inactive” voters moved from Inactive to Active status. The remaining 507,347 of the 881,000 registered voters remain classified as Inactive because they cannot be located by US Postal Service; they remain on the rolls and eligible to vote but will not receive mail ballots. Yet, over 374,000 of the former “Inactive” are now on the rolls as Active Voters– an average of over 10,000 per Senate district– and twice Obama’s margin of victory in 2012.

How did this affect political party voter registration numbers in each district? As a sample, let’s take two Senate districts and compare the Active Voter numbers by party before and after the “cleanup” that occurred after 1303 was enacted– January 2013 numbers versus September 2013.*

In SD16, active voter rolls grew from 91,439 to 100,763.

Democrat registration grew in raw numbers but decreased by 1.0% as a percentage of total registration. GOP active voter registration decreased by 1.4%. Unaffiliated/ Other GREW by 2.4%. The difference between the Republican and the Democrat registrations declined from plus 4.4 to plus 4.0.

In SD22, active voter rolls grew from 80,772 to 91,192.

Democrat registration decreased by1.0% as a share of the total registration. GOP voter registration decreased by 1.7% as a share of the total. Voters classified as Unaffiliated or third party increased their share of the total by 2.7%. The difference between the Republican percentage and the Democrat percentage declined from minus .2 to minus .9 — it more than quadrupled.

While GOP and Democrat numbers increased in both districts, the LARGE MAJORITY of newly classified Active voters were Unaffiliated or third party. Thus, the relative share of the total voter registration held by the two major parties declined. Democrat gains in raw numbers were larger in both cases, so Democrats suffered a lower loss in percentage of the total registered voter rolls than the GOP. The gap between Democrat registration and Republican registration changed to Democrat advantage in both districts.

STATEWIDE, the numbers look like this:
Total Registered Active Voters prior to 1303: 2,655,629
Total Registered Active Voters after 1303: 3,039,655
Change in Registered Active Voter rolls: + 384,026 (+ 14.8%)

Total “Inactive” Registered Voters prior to 1303: 881,978
Total Inactive Voters after 1303: 507,347 (- 42%)

Democrat Active Voters prior to 1303: 870,194
Democrat Active voters after 1303: 961,663 (+ 10.5%)
Republican Active Voters prior to 1303: 909,782
Republican Active Voters after 1303: 989,118 (+8.7%)
**Unaffiliated Active Voters prior to 1303: 841,979
**Unaffiliated Active Voters after 1303: 1,062,282 (+26.2%)

Republican statewide Active Voter registration advantage prior to 1303: 79,336
Republican statewide Active Voter registration advantage after 1303: 27,455 (-65%)

As a result of 1303, all 3,039,655 registered Active Voters, including the 350,000+ (over 10% of the total) who did not bother to vote in the 2012 presidential election, will receive mail ballots this October for the election on Nov. 5, 2013.

Leave A Comment