FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
May 17, 2017

Contact: Kevin McVicker
Shirley & Banister Public Affairs
kmcvicker@sbpublicaffairs.com
(703) 739 5920

CENTENNIAL INSTITUTE DELIVERS MORE THAN 4,000 PETITIONS TO DENVER MAYOR
Concerned Citizens Call for end to 4/20Rallies In Civic Center Park

Lakewood, CO—Following rampant unenforced public pot-smoking and the trashing of a public park, Colorado Christian University’s Centennial Institute gathered more than 4,000 signatures calling on the city of Denver to cancel all future 4/20 Pot Rallies.

The 2017 event featured open pot smoking in front of children, especially infants with lax law enforcement. The petitions will be delivered to the Denver Mayor Michael Hancock’s office today at 2 p.m. MDT.

A letter to the mayor accompanying the petitions reads in part: “When voters of Colorado legalized recreational marijuana, they established important safety guidelines, one of those being that marijuana cannot be consumed openly and publicly. Despite warnings, signage, and the presence of security and the Denver Police, marijuana was allowed to be consumed openly and publicly by many attendees, even in the presence of children and infants. Marijuana was also consumed on stage by performers with no action by law enforcement.”

A recent online poll by the Denver Business Journal found that 60 % of Denver business leaders support terminating 4/20 rallies.

Prominent signers include Denver Archbishop Samuel Aquila, Colorado Christian University President Dr. Donald Sweeting, Colorado State Senator Owen Hill, former Colorado First Lady Frances Owens, and syndicated columnist Linda Chavez.

The Centennial Institute at Colorado Christian University works to enhance public understanding of the most important issues relating to faith, family and freedom. As part of this endeavor, the Institute focuses its efforts on conducting research, analyzing public policy options and sponsoring seminars, conferences, and other activities that involve students, faculty, staff and outside experts. For more information: www.ccu.edu/centennial

For more information or to arrange an interview with Jeff Hunt, please contact Kevin McVicker with Shirley & Banister Public Affairs at (703) 739-5920 or kmcvicker@sbpublicaffairs.com.

12 Comments

1. Alexia April 12, 2018 at 4:19 am - Reply

It is very important that what you write.

2. Pogo technical Support March 24, 2018 at 11:58 am - Reply

Every weekend I used to visit this website because of this web page content genuine information. If you are experiencing trouble with pogo visit Pogo technical Support

3. Wilma March 23, 2018 at 6:56 am - Reply

I hope this would bring some positive feedback from mayor. But it is hard to believe.

4. a10 March 13, 2018 at 2:01 am - Reply

Yes, the article I was looking for. Your article gives me another approach on the subject. I hope to read more articles from you.

5. สมัคร gclub February 23, 2018 at 2:15 pm - Reply

Ready? Click a สมัคร gclub directory and start choosing the best online games casinos you can find.

6. router login December 14, 2017 at 8:47 pm - Reply

You have posted a very detail document. I read all of your article and I really like it, I understand your point of view.

7. impossible game November 16, 2017 at 2:15 am - Reply

I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. I really enjoyed reading this post. big fan, thank you!

8. roll the ball November 16, 2017 at 2:14 am - Reply

I really loved reading your blog. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well!

9. vex 3 November 13, 2017 at 3:50 am - Reply

Thanks for your article! I have read through some similar topics! However, your post has given me a very special impression, unlike other posts. I hope you continue to have valuable articles like this or more to share with everyone!

10. teercounterresult November 4, 2017 at 11:24 pm - Reply

Fine way of telling, and pleasant article to obtain facts about my presentation focus, which i am going to present in institution of higher education.

11. wingsio October 23, 2017 at 9:22 pm - Reply

Your article is detailed, thanks to it I solved the problem I am entangled. I will regularly follow your writers and visit this site daily.

12. json formatter September 21, 2017 at 9:55 pm - Reply

The event featured open pot smoking in front of children, especially infants with lax law enforcement!

Leave A Comment