Just in time for Constitution Day, join us for an important evening exploring religious freedom and its protections found in the First Amendment.
Religious freedom, uniquely protected by the U.S. Constitution, is facing a barrage of challenges. For example, Jack Phillips is once again facing charges of discrimination by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission because of his commitment to his faith.
How was religious freedom developed in America? How do the threats against religious freedom affect all Americans, not just Christians? How can we balance public accommodation laws and the First Amendment? How has our understanding of freedom changed in America? How can we run our businesses according to our own beliefs without suing each other to death?
Join our talented lineup of legal and public policy experts as we explore religious freedom and the First Amendment.
- Eric Baxter, Vice President and Senior Counsel for Becket Law
- Brenna Grasz, Colorado Christian University graduate and law student at the University of Nebraska
- Eric Hall, Partner, Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP
- Dr. Stephen Shumaker, Professor of Politics, Colorado Christian University
- Dr. Kyle Usrey, Vice President of Academic Affairs in the College of Undergraduate Studies at Colorado Christian University
Monday, September 10, 2018
Colorado Christian University
8787 W. Alameda Ave. Lakewood, CO 80226
Leprino Hall 170