CCU alumni and parents: You are invited to participate in an experience of biblical proportions! On Saturday, November 2, your family can enjoy a tour of Passages, The Museum of the Bible, at a discounted rate through Colorado Christian University. The day will begin at 9:15 a.m. with a light continental breakfast with members of CCU's Development Office. The museum opens at 10:00 a.m., and you can tour it with your family, at your leisure.
Passages features a portion of The Green Collection, the compilation of more than 40,000 antiquities and biblical artifacts. This collection includes some of the rarest and most valuable biblical and classical pieces or items ever assembled under one roof, and it has been featured internationally via the Verbum Domini exhibit in Rome. Green’s desire is for people of all interests to experience the creation of the book that has altered history, shaped cultures, inspired minds and changed lives.
- “The Wide World of the Bible” interactive kids’ adventure features multimedia designed by VeggieTales creator Phil Vischer featuring a popsicle playhouse, a kid-sized Noah’s Ark, and other hands-on activities.
- The “Battle-Hymn Room” features the hand-written manuscript of Julia Ward Howe's "Battle Hymn of the Republic" as well as war-time Bibles that were carried by soldiers through the battlefields. In this exhibit you can also listen to a conversation between President Lincoln and Julia Ward Howe through state of the art life-like holograms.
- Much more: God’s Word Survived Room, Lunar Room, Rare and Unique Bibles, Codex Climaci Rescriptus, Gutenberg Press, Letter by Martin Luther
- Largest collection of cuneiform tablets
- Second largest collection of Dead Sea Scrolls
- World’s largest private collection of Jewish scrolls
- World’s largest holdings of unpublished Biblical and classical papyri
- Rare illuminated manuscripts
- The earliest-known, near-complete translation of the Psalms to (Middle) English
Discounted tickets for CCU guests are $7/each, with a maximum of five discounted tickets per family. Children under five may attend free.
Purchase your tickets online today! Or, call our Office of Alumni and Parent Relations at 303-963-3337 to reserve your tickets.