Col. Bill Spencer
Business and Technology Division
- M.A. National Security and Strategic Studies (US Naval War College)
- M.P.A. Manpower Management (Golden Gate University)
- B.S. International Affairs/American Politics (US Air Force Academy)
Biography and Professional Achievements
Colonel Bill Spencer, United States Air Force, retired, has been teaching for CCU since November 2006. He has previous teaching experience at the middle and high school levels, as well as at the United States Air Force Academy. In 2014, he was named Outstanding Faculty of the Year for CCU’s College of Adult and Graduate Studies Business and Technology Division.
A native of Richmond, Virginia, he spent nearly 29 years on active duty as a command pilot flying reconnaissance jets. He also served in other command and staff positions, including a successful assignment at Air University as publisher and editor of the professional journal of the US Air Force (now, Air & Space Power Journal). He is the recipient of the Legion of Merit and other awards and decorations.
He and his wife Kathleen have four wonderful children, a delightful son-in-law and daughter-in-law. Half of these children are CCU graduates. He also has two of the cutest little girls in the world who call him Grandpa!
- Spencer, J. W. “Dreaming for Transitions,” Command, March 2017.
- Spencer, J. W. “Commentary,” Joint Force Quarterly, January 2010.
- Spencer, J. W. "The Past Does Not Repeat Itself, But It Rhymes," Citizen Magazine, Vol. XXII, No. 8 (August 2008).
- Nine editorials over three volumes (Vols. IX through XII) as Editor, Airpower Journal, the Professional Journal of the US Air Force.