Director of Undergraduate Education Programs
Curriculum & Instruction Education Division
- M.S. College Student Personnel Administration (Western Illinois University)
- B.A. English/Secondary Education (Western Illinois University)
- Studied World Literature at the University of Fribourg, Switzerland
- Teaching career spans 20 years and ages preschool through adults with middle school as my “sweet spot”
- Higher education career spans 13 years in both student and academic affairs and settings from community colleges to a large public university, with Colorado Christian University as my "sweet spot"
A passion to integrate faith and learning into every aspect of teacher preparation drives the program decisions I make as Director of Undergraduate Education in the Curriculum & Instruction Education Division of CCU’s College of Adult and Graduate Studies. In this role I interact with adults who are called to teach children and come to CCU to be prepared to excel in the art and science of teaching. The CAGS education students join with others on a journey of self-discovery as they engage in class discussions and are challenged to think critically and reflect on how a biblical world view impacts their philosophy of education in our postmodern culture.
Colorado Department of Education on their last site visit to reauthorize the licensing programs, observed "something different here" as they interviewed students, alumni, faculty, staff and partners in the community. The intentional integration of faith and learning is seen in the people who have experienced the program and the graduates who are now teaching the next generation. Both personal and program integrity is the plumb line to measure the programs' success.
I am humbled to serve alongside my Christian sisters and brothers at CCU, a great university that exists to glorify God.