Dr. Deborah Fenton-Nichols
Social Sciences and Humanities Division
- Ed.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision (Argosy University)
- M.A. Counseling (Denver Seminary)
- B.A. Business Administration/Accounting (Regis University)
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Licensed Addiction Counselor
- National Board Certified Counselor
Dr. Nichols has fourteen years of clinical practice focusing on addictions, criminal conduct, and mental health issues. Dr. Nichols' dissertation research focused on the Supervisory Working Alliance within Community Corrections treatment programs. Additionally, she maintains a current private practice providing counseling and clinical supervision.
Dr. Nichols strives to encourage, educate, and develop students to become competent and ethical counselors as well as advocates in the field. She presented at the 2016 ACA Conference in Montréal, Quebec Canada and presents at state conferences such as CCA and CAAP. Dr. Nichols has served on the Executive Committee of the Colorado Association of Addiction Professionals from 2012 to the present. Dr. Nichols is the recipient of the Colorado Counseling Association Outstanding Advocacy Award 2014-2015 in recognition of her leadership, advocacy, contributions, and sustained commitment to the community and CCA.