Social Sciences and Humanities Division
- Ed.D. Candidate, Counselor Education and Supervision (Argosy University)
- M.A. Counseling (Denver Seminary)
- B.A. Business Administration/Accounting: Emphasis in Finance (Regis University)
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Licensed Addiction Counselor
- National Board Certified Counselor
- Executive Committee Member of the Colorado Association of Addiction Professionals (CAAP)
- Chi Sigma Iota Honor Society
- 2014-2015 CCA Outstanding Advocacy Award Recipient
Professor Deborah Fenton-Nichols has thirteen years of clinical practice focusing on addictions, criminal conduct, and mental health issues. Professor Nichols' dissertation research focuses on the Supervisory Working Alliance within Community Corrections treatment programs. Additionally, she maintains a current private practice providing counseling and clinical supervision.
Professor Nichols strives to encourage, educate, and develop students to become competent and ethical counselors as well as advocates in the field. She presents at local conferences such as CCA and CAAP. Furthermore, Professor Nichols will be a presenter at the 2016 ACA Conference in Montreal.