Matt Jones Th.M.
Assistant Professor of New Testament Studies
School of Theology
- Ph.D., ABD (Regent University in Theological Studies with an emphasis in New Testament)
- Ordained in the Christian and Missionary Alliance
- Member of Evangelical Theological Society
- Th.M. with an emphasis in New Testament Studies (Dallas Theological Seminary)
- B.A. (Bryan College in Christian Education)
Phone: (303) 963-3065
My experience at a Christian Liberal Arts institution was a transforming experience for my faith, life, and future. Many of those transforming moments occurred as a result of staff and faculty investment in and outside of the classroom. Realizing the role they had on my life served as an impetus to teach traditional undergraduate students. As a result, not only do I have the opportunity to teach, to engage, and to learn alongside these students, I also have the opportunity to mentor multiple students through intentional relationships for the cause of Christ.
Currently, I am ABD and working on the second draft of my dissertation on the humanity of Jesus in Matthew. When not working on my dissertation, serving students, or teaching, I enjoy spending time with my wife, Cathy, and kids, Hannah, Tyler, and Mackenzie. If there’s any time remaining, I like to run and play golf.
- Seminary2006-Present – Multiple invitations as a plenary and panel speaker at numerous CCU events, retreats, seminars, courses, chapels and ministries.
- Outstanding Faculty Member for CAGS Biblical Studies & Theology (2016-2017)
- Affiliate Faculty Member of the Year (2010-2011 & 2014-2015)
- Staff Member of the Year (2006-2007 & 2011-2012)
- Honors Graduate from Dallas Theological Seminary
Recovering the Real Lost Gospel by Darrell Bock. The Pneuma Review, Spring 2013.
Evangelical Theological Society