Mark Aaron Mayfield
Social Sciences and Humanities Division
- Ph.D. Candidate, Counselor Education & Supervision, emphasis in Non-profit Leadership and Management (Walden University)
- M.A. Community Counseling (Denver Seminary)
- B.A. Youth Ministries (Colorado Christian University)
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Nationally Certified Counselor
I have been with Colorado Christian University as an Affiliate Faculty in the College of Adult and Graduate Studies since February of 2011 and I am currently an Assistant Professor of Counseling in the Masters of Arts in Counseling (MAC) program.
In addition to teaching graduate counseling classes at CCU, I am a third year doctoral student pursuing my degree in Counselor Education and Supervision. I will be starting my dissertation in the fall of 2014 and hope to graduate August of 2015. I am also a clinical supervisor, providing supervision for Masters Level counseling students, recent graduates pursuing their license, and licensed clinicians.
My early counseling work focused on in-home family therapy, court ordered drug rehabilitation therapy, family therapy, adolescent substance abuse treatment, group therapy, and Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy. Prior to entering the counseling field I was a youth pastor at a small church in Summit County, Colorado.