Assistant Professor of Communication
School of Humanities and Sciences
- M.A. Communication, emphases in media literacy and public relations (University of Colorado Denver)
- B.A. Speech Communication, emphasis in broadcast journalism (Colorado State University)
- More than 15 years in broadcasting including CBS NEWS4 in Denver and the Colorado Broadcaster's Association
- Presented research paper in Florida at the National Communication Association entitled: Nurturing Productive Conflict in the College Classroom and the Development of Communication Curricula.
- Keynote speaker at Open Door Ministry women’s tea; keynote for Cherry Hills Community Church, MOPS; speaker at the Regional Women’s Conference – TCWA (The Christian Women’s Association); keynote for Greenwood Community Church, MOPS; keynote for Castlerock CBS Bible Study; and keynote for women’s retreat at Crow Hill Baptist.
- Co-coordinator of the second annual CCU “Internship Reception” with more than 100 students in attendance and 10 scheduled companies/ministries. Meet with students weekly to help them secure internships and networks regularly to form relationships with company/ministry leaders for student internships.
- Takes CCU students in the field to gain hands-on experience including places like the Denver Broncos with a tour of Sports Authority; GroundFloor Media; 9NEWS; Linhart PR; KEZW-AM at Entercom; NEWS4, and ROOT SPORTS.
- Secures influential guest speakers in the classroom including: Marc Stout – ROOT SPORTS/Rockies TV announcer; Scott Lundeen – Mile High Ministries; Wendy Henkelmen – K-LOVE Radio; Candies Liu – Social Media Specialist, and Tracy Rath – MPI/International Event Planner.
- Accompanies CCU students to association meetings to help them network in their desired industries which include the Meeting Planners International (MPI) Association meeting and the International Special Events Society (ISES) internship/career expo.
- Faculty advisor for XPRESS to give direction for the CCU chapel club as well as an advisor for Chrysandra Brunson–CCU alum to give direction for The Calling.
- Helped develop and teach the communication capstone course: Public Relations Campaigns and Event Planning.