Assistant Librarian, Outreach and Instruction
- M.S. Library and Information Science (Drexel University)
- B.M. Music Performance (University Of Northern Colorado)
- Designed and Implemented the Limited Notary Public Services for the High Plains Library District
- Created Club 720, an after school social program that has ran weekly for 4+ years straight at multiple locations within the High Plains Library District.
- Served as Liaison in partnership with Kaiser Permanente in implementing a community health awareness program, Weigh and Win, as this program’s first library partner at Carbon Valley Regional Library.
- Colorado Association of Libraries Conference, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013
- Member of the Colorado Association of Libraries
Phone: 303-963-3255My teaching experience has been in the realm of bibliographic, database, and technology instruction. While at High Plains Library District I was able to reach out to 4 schools of the secondary education level to teach research skills, database usage, e-reader information and popular young adult non-fiction and fiction.
In addition to outreach instruction at local schools while at High Plains Library District in Firestone, CO I contributed to the ever expanding technology instruction curricula with the Technology Instruction Committee. I personally created the curricula for Managing Your Online Profile, Financial Litereracy101, Introduction to Internet, and How to Place a Hold.
I believe all of this hands on experience will suite well in my transition to outreach and instruction at CCU. The time and energy learning video training will come in handy as my first project at CCU is to create video tutorials for library tools.