Dr. Kyle Greenwood
Associate Professor of Old Testament and Hebrew Language
School of Theology
- Ph.D. Hebrew Bible and Ancient Near Eastern Studies (Hebrew Union College)
- M.Div. (Asbury Theological Seminary)
- B.A. (University of Cincinnati)
Having taught in a variety of academic settings over the past 15 years, I find undergraduate education to be the most gratifying. We have the privilege of watching insecure teenagers mature into confident adults, poised to lead the church and contribute positively to the world’s ever-changing crises. It is satisfying to see these young women and men mature in their faith as they wrestle with probing questions through a more sophisticated theological lens grounded in a solid biblical foundation.
- “Ahab's Death Twice Told: Identifying the ‘King of Israel’ in 1 Kings 22.” SBL National Meeting, Atlanta, GA. Nov. 24, 2015.
- “‘Proverbs of Ash, Defenses of Clay’: The Rhetorical Effect of Proverbs in Job.” SBL/AAR/ASOR Regional Meeting, University of Denver, March 30, 2014.
- “When Adam Became a Man.” SBL National Meeting, Baltimore, MD. Nov 25, 2013.
- “Tukultī or Not Tukultī? That is the Question: Reassessing a Middle Assyrian lahmu Cult Pedestal.”SBL/AAR/ASOR Regional Meeting, Denver Seminary, Denver, CO. April 4, 2013.
- Presided over Genesis section of the SBL national meeting, 2016.
- Serving on the editorial board of the Journal for the Evangelical Study of the Old Testament, 2014–present.
- Served on the editorial board of the Bulletin for Biblical Research, 2012–2014.
- Associated Faculty at Denver Seminary, 2014.
Scripture and Cosmology: Reading the Bible Between the Ancient World and Modern Science.
Downers Grove, IL: IVP Academic. 2015.
Since the Beginning: Interpreting Genesis 1-2 Through the Ages. Editro. Grand Rapids, Mich.:
Baker Academic, Under Contract.
“Late Tenth and Ninth Century Issues: Ahab Underplayed? Jehoshaphat Overplayed?” in
Ancient Israel's History: An Introduction to Issues and Sources. Edited by Bill T. Arnold, and
Richard S. Hess. Grand Rapids: Baker, 2014.
“A Shuilla: Anu 1” and “A Shuilla: Marduk 2” in Akkadian Prayers and Hymns: A Reader.
Edited by Alan Lenzi. SBL Ancient Near Eastern Monographs 3. Atlanta: SBL, 2011.
Peer Reviewed Articles
“Debating Wisdom: The Role of Voice in Ecclesiastes.” Catholic Biblical Quarterly 74 (2012)
“A Historical and Contextual Reconstruction of KAH 2.76.” Nouvelles Assyriolgiques Breveset
Utilitaires 2010/2, 45.
“The Hearing God of the Assyrian Royal Inscriptions.” Journal of Ancient Near Eastern
Religions 10/2 (2010) 211-18.
“Labor Pains: The Relationship Between David’s Census and Corvee Labor.” Bulletin for
Biblical Research 20.4 (2010) 467-78
- American Scientific Affiliation
- Institute for Biblical Research
- National Association of Professors of Hebrew
- Society of Biblical Literature