Rockmont Hall

Rockmont Hall

Dedicated August 21, 2019, Rockmont Hall is the second new residence hall constructed as part of the University's campus redevelopment campaign. The 115,000-square-foot facility is named in honor of one of CCU's heritage institutions. Rockmont Hall stands at the corner of Alameda Avenue and Cody Street in Lakewood.

Rockmont Hall serves as the cornerstone for the residential quadrant of the CCU's campus.

As CCU's fourth new building in five years, Rockmont Hall continues the dramatic transformation of our Lakewood campus. The new four-story building can house up to 330 undergraduate students and offers a variety of amenities, including eight lounges and common social spaces; a grab-and-go café; and advanced technology, including internet connectivity from each room and Wi-Fi access throughout the facility. All of the student residences are apartment style a long-standing tradition for all CCU residence halls.

Rockmont Hall is named for the former Rockmont College, a heritage institution of Colorado Christian University. Originally founded as Denver Bible Institute in 1914, the institution was renamed Rockmont College in 1948-49, and sought to fill the demand for a Christian, liberal arts college in the greater Denver area. In 1967, Rockmont College relocated to Lakewood, Colorado, on what is the current location of Colorado Christian University. In 1985, Rockmont and Western Bible College merged to become Colorado Christian College (CCC). CCC became Colorado Christian University in 1989, after the institution began offering graduate-level degrees.

University Advancement