• “A Message for Students Planning to Study in the United States This Year” from David Donahue, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Visa Services

    International Students I-20/F1

    International Application and I-20

    1. Fill out CCU's Application for Admission.
    2. Contact one of the Evaluators of Foreign Education for evaluation or your transcript(s).
    3. Provide an official record of your English language proficiency with one of the minimum test scores as follows: TOEFL paper score 550, iBT 59, LCI level 500, PBT 500.
    4. To secure a student Visa you must provide:
      • Your completed application for admission.
      • Confirmation of your home country street address and phone number.
      • Copy of your passport.
      • Copy of all valid Visas. (transfer students only)
      • CCU's Verification of Funds (PDF) showing adequate funds on deposit or a sponsor guaranteeing payment of expenses.
    5. Pay the SEVIS I-901 fee on the U.S. Immigration website. The government requires this fee (and a copy of the receipt) in order for the student to legally cross the border into the U.S. for study purposes.

    Upon review of this material, the International Student Coordinator will issue and mail your I-20 form for international students. Please note that this may take several months to process.

    Upon Arrival

    International students must report to the International Student Coordinator within 30 days of their program start date and submit the following documents:

    • I-20
    • I-94 card
    • Passport
    • Local address and phone number

    How to Maintain F-1 Student Status

    International students must carry a full semester hour load to be considered full-time status.

    • CAGS undergraduate students: 12 credits per semester
    • CAGS graduate students: six credits per semester

    Reasons for F-1 Status Termination

    • Unauthorized drop below full-time enrollment
    • Unauthorized withdrawal
    • Unauthorized employment
    • Change of status denied
    • Failure to enroll
    • Suspension

    Student Travel and Re-entry on Current F-1 Status

    • The International Student Coordinator must sign page three of the I-20 form for travel authorization.
    • The student's absence from the U.S. must be for less than five months.
    • The student's passport and student visa for USA must be valid.

    International Student Transfer Procedure

    F-1 Transfer Out

    If you have an I-20 from Colorado Christian University, you will be allowed to transfer out of CCU after completion of one academic semester. You will need to contact CCU's International Student Coordinator to release the SEVIS record to your new school, usually done via a Transfer Form. (You will need to provide the name of your new school and transfer release date.) On your transfer release date, the new school will have access to your record and can create and print a new I-20.


    • Students who have not maintained their immigration status will not be released in SEVIS for transfer.
    • Students completing programs and students on Optional Practical Training (OPT) are eligible for transfer within the 60 day grace period.
    • The new program must begin within five months of transferring out or end of OPT.

    F-1 Transfer In

    You must notify your current school of your intent to transfer into Colorado Christian University.

    • Your current school must release your record on SEVIS.
    • You will be responsible for notifying CCU’s International Student Coordinator of your intent to transfer into CCU.
    • CCU will verify in SEVIS the transfer status and issue you a new I-20.

    International Student Employment Options

    On-Campus Employment

    • Students are eligible to work up to 20 hours per week on campus only.

    Off-Campus Employment

    • Students may work off campus with special authorization as granted through Optional Practical Training (OPT) after one full academic year at the same institution.
    • Students may apply for work authorization based on demonstrated economic hardship. Students must contact the International Student Coordinator to verify student eligibility and to submit the I-538 for USCIS consideration.

    International Student Financial Aid Options

    International students are not eligible for U.S. Federal Student Loans. CCU scholarships are not available for international students.

  • Apply to CCU
    Request Info
Request Info

First Name
Last Name
I do not live in the U.S.
Zip Code
By submitting this form, I agree to be called by or on behalf of CCU using an automatic telephone dialing system at the phone number provided on this form. All calls placed will be regarding educational services. Consent is not required as a condition of enrollment. CCU may also contact me via text or email.

    Student and Exchange Visitor Program

    Study Colorado

    Study Colorado

  • Higher Learning Commission


    Council for Christian Colleges & Universities


    Council of Independent Colleges


    Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability

  • Contact Info

    College of Adult and Graduate Studies

    Phone: 303-963-3311

    Email: agsadmission@ccu.edu