Colorado Christian University
Colorado Christian University
Student and Parent FAQs

Student and Parent FAQs

Questions About Dual Credit for High School Students

Are you a high school student interested in receiving college credit for classes you take in high school? Find answers to commonly asked questions about dual credit below.

What is dual credit?

A dual credit course is a college-level course taken at the high school and taught by a college-approved instructor. A student enrolled in a dual credit course can receive both high school and college credit for the course if they earn a C grade or better.

Will my CCU dual credits transfer to other colleges and universities?

As a four-year liberal arts university accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, our credits transfer to many colleges and universities nationwide. Institutions, including CCU, differ on how they accept both AP and dual credits and can vary their policies from year to year and for various programs. Students should contact higher education institutions of interest regarding credit transfer, prior to registering for a dual credit course.

CCU will not offer refunds for course credits that do not transfer to higher education institutions.

How can I register for CCU dual credit courses?

The first step is to ask your guidance counselor about CCU dual credit courses when creating your academic plan.

You can register for CCU dual credit courses by visiting Student Registration Form

On the website, click on the correct academic calendar term and locate your school in the drop down menu. The list of dual credit courses will populate and you are able to choose those that you know will transfer.

Am I required to provide my social security number on the registration page?

Yes. Your Social Security Number (SSN) is required for identification purposes, 1098T forms, and for ordering transcripts. If you are an international student, please submit the registration form by typing in 0’s for the SSN.

How much does a dual credit course cost?

CCU dual credit courses are offered at a reduced rate compared to CCU’s traditional cost per credit hour. There is a $200 course fee to register for all CCU dual credit courses.

Science labs are included in the price of the lecture portion of the course. Students must register for the science lab along with the science lecture course.

Is there a limit to the number of dual credit courses a student can take?

There are no restrictions set by CCU on how many dual credit courses a student can enroll in while they are attending high school. However, there may be restrictions set by individual high schools. Check with your high school guidance counselor prior to registering for multiple dual credit courses.

What is the difference between dual credit and AP courses?

Both dual credit and advanced placement (AP) courses are taught at the college level. AP college credit is earned based on an end of the year test score. Students should understand the scores required to gain college credit at institutions of interest.

Dual credit is earned in the same manner as a typical college course — through papers, tests, and other assignments. The dual credit is awarded based on the grade received at the culmination of the course.

What are the benefits of CCU dual credit courses?

The benefits include: college credit at a reduced rate, challenging coursework, gaining organizational skills necessary to succeed in college, shorter time frame needed to complete a degree, and more time to take courses of interest.

Who is eligible for dual credit courses?

Each high schools decides which students have the ability to register for CCU dual credit courses. Make sure to check with your guidance counselor prior to making a decision to register for dual credit.

Are international students eligible to register for dual credit courses?

Yes. International students may register for dual credit through Colorado Christian University. On the registration page, these students should use 000-00-0000 in the social security number field.

May I withdraw from a course after registering?

Yes. You may drop or withdraw from a course by returning to the registration page and filling out the drop/withdrawal form.

Drop/withdraw forms can be mailed or faxed. Drops must be completed by the deadline in order to receive a refund. The student will not receive a transcript for the course.

Withdrawing from a course after the deadline results in a W on your transcript and no refund.

What are the registration dates?

See our student dual credit calendar for current registration dates.

Am I required to provide transcripts from CCU to every school I apply to?

No. Many students will only send their CCU transcript to the school they have chosen to attend after they have completed their senior year.

How do I request my transcript to be sent to another college or university?

Students who have taken a CCU dual credit course can submit a transcript order through our online ordering system. It is recommended that you place this order after final grades are posted.

If you place your transcript order before final grades are posted, please indicate on the form that you wish to have your transcript held for current semester grades.

Will I still be considered a freshman when applying to college?

The majority of colleges and universities will consider students entering college directly from high school a freshman regardless of the number of credit hours from dual credit courses. However, this policy is set by the college or university that the student chooses to attend.

You are encouraged to contact universities of interest in order to understand how dual credits and class standing are viewed; this is important for financial aid purposes.

How are students’ dual credit grades submitted?

The high school teacher will submit student final grades to the CCU dual credit department. If you’ve taken a yearlong course, the final grade is the average of the two semesters. CCU receives the final letter grade from the high school.

The grades should be the overall course grade and should be submitted using the Colorado Christian University grading scale:
A (93.3–100%)
A- (90–93.2%)
B+ (86.6–89.9%)
B (83.3–86.5%)
B- (80–83.2%)
C+ (76.7–79.9%)
C (73.4–76.6%)
C- (70–73.3%)
D+ (66.7–69.9%)
D (63.4–66.6%)
D- (60–63.3%)
F (Below 60%)

Does CCU partner with online high schools?

Yes. CCU partners with NorthStar Academy, Christian Educators Academy and Sevenstar.

NorthStar Academy - 662-892-4380
This teacher-led program offers CCU dual credit courses. Students sign up for CCU dual credit courses through NorthStar and then register for the CCU dual credit course at

Christian Educators Academy - 800-886-0501
This teacher-led program offers CCU dual credit courses. Students sign up for CCU dual credit courses through Christian Educators Academy and then register for the CCU dual credit course at

Sevenstar - 513-612-1029
For CCU dual credit course offerings, please contact Sevenstar at 513-612-1029 for course offerings and Sevenstar registration. Register for the CCU dual credit course at

How do I receive my 1098T document for my taxes or a duplicate 1098T?

Colorado Christian University dual credit students are sent a 1098T form by January 31st of the current year if they were registered and paid course fees to CCU during the previous calendar year. CCU has contracted with Heartland ECSI to prepare and mail out 1098T forms.

Students can opt to have 1098-T forms available electronically.

Students can gain access to duplicate 1098T forms on the Heartland ECSI website. Click to view your tax form and type in Colorado Christian University as school name. Enter your student’s name, SS# and zip code as it matches your CCU record. To view or print the delivered 1098T click the + sign. If you have any questions, please contact ECSI at 866-428-1098 or CCU’s Dual Credit Dept. at 303-963-3029.

If you are attending a school that charges you for the CCU dual credit course, you will not receive a 1098T form.