Social Sciences and Humanities Division
- Ed.D. Candidate, Counselor Education and Supervision (Argosy University)
- M.A. Counseling (Denver Seminary)
- B.A. Business Administration/Accounting (Regis University)
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Licensed Addiction Counselor
- National Board Certified Counselor
Professor Deborah Fenton-Nichols has thirteen years of clinical practice focusing on addictions, criminal conduct, and mental health issues. Professor Nichols' dissertation research focuses on the Supervisory Working Alliance within Community Corrections treatment programs. Additionally, she maintains a current private practice providing counseling and clinical supervision.
Professor Nichols strives to encourage, educate, and develop students to become competent and ethical counselors as well as advocates in the field. She presents at local conferences such as CCA and CAAP. Furthermore, Professor Nichols will be a presenter at the 2016 ACA Conference in Montreal.