Dr. Ryan Murphy
Assistant Professor of Christian Thought and Social Ethics
School of Theology
- Ph.D. Systematic Theology (King's College London)
- M.A. Systematic Theology (Regent College)
- B.S. Community Development Technology (University of the Nations)
- Acton Institute Calihan Fellowship Awarded for demonstrating ‘outstanding promise in integrating religious ideas with core principles of the classical liberal tradition’ in law, economics and politics.
- Teaching Experience:
- Denver Seminary
- Haggard Graduate School of Theology, Azusa Pacific University
- Westmont College
- Book Review: Charles Murray, Coming Apart: The State of White America, 1960-2010, in Books, Media, Culture, Life in the 21st Century, published by Colorado Christian University, Vol. 1, April 2014.
- Book Review: Oliver O’Donovan, The Ways of Judgment: The 2003 Bampton Lectures, in Crux, Summer 2007, Vol. 43, No. 2
- Book Review: Peter Scott, A Political Theology of Nature in International Journal of Systematic Theology Vol. 7, Issue 1, Jan. 2005
- Book Review: William T. Cavanaugh, Theopolitical Imagination in International Journal of Systematic Theology Vol. 7, Issue 1, Jan. 2005
- Book Review: John T. S. Madeley, ed., Religion and Politics in Millennium Journal of International Studies at the London School of Economics, Vol.33, no.1 2004
- ‘The Constitution: A Living Document?’ Constitution Week at Grand Lake, Grand Lake Colorado.
- ‘The Myth of Secularity: Reexamining Public Reason in Rawls, Kant, and Locke’, American Academy of Religion Conference
- ‘The Christian Conscience and the Common Good: An Augustinian Assessment of Libertarianism’s Theological Prospects’, American Academy of Religion Conference.
- ‘Christian Realism and the Christian Community: An examination of Reinhold Niebuhr and St. Augustine on the Saeculum’, American Academy of Religion Conference.
- ‘Protestantism and Natural Law’, Acton Institute Symposium, Grand Rapids, Michigan.