Welcome to Our Think Tank
The Centennial Institute at Colorado Christian University works to enhance public understanding of the most important issues relating to faith, family, and freedom.
As part of this endeavor, the institute focuses its efforts on conducting research, analyzing public policy options, and sponsoring seminars, conferences, and other activities that involve students, faculty, staff, and outside experts.The Institute and all sponsored activities are guided by the University’s strategic objectives.
Centennial Institute at Colorado Christian University was established in 2009 and is directed by Jeff Hunt, reporting to CCU President Dr. Donald Sweeting.
Centennial Institute sponsors research, events, and publications to enhance public understanding of the most important issues facing our state and nation. By proclaiming Truth, we aim to foster faith, family, and freedom, teach citizenship, and renew the spirit of 1776.
Director of the Centennial Institute is Jeff Hunt, a leading conservative voice in our state and nation. Chairman of the Institute is Dr. Donald Sweeting, President of Colorado Christian University. Learn more about the Institute Leadership and Fellows.
Centennial Institute’s work is guided by the Strategic Objectives of Colorado Christian University, among which are:
• To be seekers of truth and to debunk ‘spent ideas’ and those who traffic in them.
• To impact our culture in support of traditional family values, sanctity of life, compassion for the poor, Biblical view of human nature, limited government, personal freedom, free markets, natural law, original intent of the Constitution and Western civilization.
• To be a magnet for outstanding students and prepare them for positions of significant leadership in the church, business, government, and professions by offering an excellent education in strategic disciplines.
• We analyze public policy and seek to influence legislation. We frame alternatives and advocate civic engagement on the most pressing issues facing our nation.
• We encourage competitive politics and constitutional debate, but we are not for or against any political party.
• We mentor students and work with Colorado Christian University professors. We serve the God of the Bible, but we are not exclusive in our outreach to Americans of all beliefs and viewpoints
About Colorado Christian University
With a heritage dating back to 1914, Colorado Christian University is committed to offering a complete education that develops students intellectually, professionally, and spiritually. As the only member of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities located in the mainline Rocky Mountains region, and just a few minutes from downtown Denver, CCU is uniquely positioned to offer students a distinctive variety of educational opportunities and experiences.
We were named a Top Conservative College by Young America’s Foundation, the Most Conservative College in Colorado and a Top Ten Most Conservative College in America by Niche, and we have earned one of the few A grades (20 out of 1100 colleges and universities rated nationally) for core curriculum from the American Council of Trustees and Alumni for three years running. CCU is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, and offers both undergraduate and graduate programs designed to equip students to become leaders in their careers, communities, families, and in the world. CCU students are enrolled at the main campus near Denver and at satellite locations throughout Colorado. Visit CCU Home Page.