Questions About Living on CCU's Campus

Are you interested in housing residence at Colorado Christian University in Lakewood? Find answers to commonly asked questions about living on CCU's campus, including information about pets on campus, housing cost, and on-campus accommodations.

How and when can I apply for University housing?

You must be admitted to CCU before you can apply for housing. Once you have been admitted, you should submit your housing application, signed housing lease, and housing deposit as quickly as possible.

Housing applications open on February 18, and housing selection opens between March 11-22, depending on the number of academic credits you have earned.

See the Admitted Student Checklist for details on submitting the necessary forms and your housing deposit.

Is housing available for married students?

CCU does not offer housing for married students on campus. However, the Lakewood area has many apartments, townhouses, and homes near campus that are available for rent.

Is on-campus housing co-ed?

CCU housing is not co-ed. All apartments — bedrooms, living room, kitchen, and bathroom — are single-gender. Freshman stairwells consisting of six apartments are grouped together as single-gender stairwells.

In upperclassmen housing apartments are single-gender but male and female apartments may be on the same floor. However, visitation policies help minimize the time men and women spend in opposite-gender apartments.

For visitation policies, please see the Student Handbook.

What is the difference between my housing application and the housing lease?

Your submission of the housing application and housing deposit indicates that you plan to live on campus. Having this application complete will allow you to choose a meal plan, pay your housing deposit, and search roommate groups

The housing lease is a legally binding document that secures your place in University housing. Once you sign and submit the lease, you are committed to living in University housing unless you choose not to come to Colorado Christian University.

How much do housing and meal plans cost each semester?

Visit our tuition page for room and board rates.

Should I return my lease if I am not sure I will be attending CCU?

Yes. You will only be held responsible for the lease if you attend Colorado Christian University. If you decide not to attend CCU, you should notify the Residence Life office as soon as you make that decision.

When do the residence halls open and close for the year?

Check out the semester calendar for important housing dates.

How can I cancel my housing lease? Will I receive my housing deposit refund?

Once a lease is signed and returned, it is binding for the academic year. Release from this lease and its full academic year obligations will only be granted if the student does not enroll in classes on CCU's Lakewood campus during the academic year.

Release will not be granted to live in any other type of non-University housing, including private homes or other places of residence off campus.

If a student does not enroll in classes on CCU's Lakewood campus, they can cancel the lease by submitting the Housing Lease Cancellation Request on the Housing Portal. This request will be reviewed by the Director of Residence Life, and the student will be notified of whether or not the request has been approved or denied. If approved, students can expect their housing deposit to be refunded six to eight weeks after we have received and approved the notice of cancellation.

Students requesting cancellation on or before May 15 (for the fall semester), or December 15 (for cancellation of the spring semester, or not returning to CCU in the spring semester) may receive the full refund of the Housing Deposit.

Students requesting cancellation for the fall semester on or before May 31 (for the fall) or December 31 (for the spring) may receive a 50% refund of the Housing Deposit. Any cancellations occurring after these dates will result in forfeiture of the full Housing Deposit.

Can I move my belongings into my room before I am ready to move in?

No, you may not move anything into your room prior to the start date of your housing lease.

What are the requirements for appliances in my room?

The University provides all major appliances including the oven, refrigerator, and in upperclassmen units, microwaves and washers/dryers.

For more information on additional appliances that are allowed or restricted, see the Student Handbook.

Are pets allowed?

No pets are allowed in on-campus housing, except fish.

Is cable television available?

Cable television is provided in all residence halls and is covered by the housing costs.

What happens if I don't use up all of my meals or dining dollars by the end of the semester?

Unused meals and dining dollars are not refundable, as they are part of your contract meal plan and expire at the end of the semester.

Meals and dining dollars will not be transferred from the fall semester to the spring semester either.

Where can I do laundry?

There is a laundry room for Harwood and Waite residents located in Harwood Hall with washers and dryers. All Peak apartments, West apartments, Yetter Hall, and duplexes have a washer/dryer provided by the University.

Can I stay in my room over breaks?

Residents are not allowed to stay in the halls over winter break, unless special permission is granted (usually for an additional fee). Summer housing is available at an additional cost.

The halls are open for residents during Thanksgiving and Spring breaks.

Can I leave things in my room over breaks?

Yes, you may leave your belongings in your room during all breaks except summer break.

Do I need to clean my apartment?

Minimum health and safety standards are followed and expected. However, your apartment is your responsibility.

Mops, brooms, and vacuum cleaners are available for resident check-out at the Residence Life Office. We encourage students to clean their rooms on a regular basis.

How safe is on-campus housing?

Residence Life strives to provide a safe environment. CCU has a 24/7/365 security service to protect the community. An added benefit is the campus is located within four blocks of the Lakewood Police Headquarters.

However, as with any community with a large number of people, it is best to take precautions. Close all doors (residence hall doors are self-locking) and making sure your personal items are covered by a parent's homeowner's insurance policy or renter's insurance policy.

Is there a campus safety escort program?

Yes, the 24 hour security service will escort any student on campus upon request.

Are there curfews for on-campus housing?

Housing policies regulate visitation by the opposite sex during certain hours, but there are no curfews for any student. For visitation policies please see the Student Handbook.