Frequently Asked Financial Aid Questions

The FAFSA allows students to apply for billions of dollars in grants, loans, and work-study funds. The fastest and easiest way to begin your federal student aid journey is to submit your FAFSA application at or on the myStudentAid mobile app. Learn more about FASFA's frequently asked questions.

Questions About Financial Aid for Adult Students

If you have further frequently asked financial aid questions, we are here to help, as it is important that you use all resources available to you in financing your education.

New students in CCU's College of Adult and Graduate Studies must complete CCU's Application for Admission and the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) prior to receiving a financial aid award. To qualify for federal financial aid, continuing students must complete the FAFSA on an annual basis.

Questions regarding financial aid awarding should be referred to the Service Central office.

Can adult students apply for financial aid?

Qualified students can take advantage of a full range of federal financial aid programs as well as veterans and vocational benefits. Learn more about financial aid options for adult undergraduate and graduate students.

What is CCU's FAFSA code?

CCU's FAFSA code is 009401. When you submit your FAFSA online, be sure to include our FAFSA code.

How much will my degree cost?

Visit our College of Adult and Graduate Studies Tuition website to see the cost per credit hour and other fees for specific programs. For adult degree completion students, every degree plan is customized using previous college transcripts. The cost of your degree will be based on the remaining credits hours required to complete your degree.

Can I spread out my payments to CCU?

CCU has several payment options available to fit your needs.

When are my CCU tuition and fees due?

To secure course enrollment, payment arrangements for all tuition and fee charges are due upon registration. Failure to finalize payment arrangements by the due date may result in de-registration from semester courses. Service specialists in the Service Central office are available to answer questions regarding financial aid and payment options. Call 303-963-3040 or 844-25-START, or email

How do I make an online payment by credit card or checking/savings account?

Log into your Self-Service Student Finance account and click on "Make a Payment." Choose the term or terms you wish to pay for, and what your payment will be for each term. Choose the method of payment: Electronic check (ACH), American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa. Follow the instructions and fill out required fields. You will be provided a confirmation number at the end of the transaction. See Payment Options for more information.

How do I make a credit card or electronic check payment by phone?

Call toll free 866-480-6861. You will need to provide your checking/savings account number and the routing/transit number, which is a unique series of numbers that identifies your financial institution. You will also need your student ID. A confirmation number will be provided at the end of the transaction. See Payment Options for more information.

Why do I have a Student Account Hold that is preventing me from registering?

Any student that carries a balance of $300 or more from a previous semester and does not have approved payment arrangements in place will have a student account hold added to their account. If a student has insufficient payment arrangements for the current semester, a student account hold will also be added. The hold will remain until the total account balance is $299 or less.

Contact Info

  • Service Central

    Phone: 303-963-3040
    or 844-25-START
    Fax: 303-963-3231