Military FAQs

Request Info


What do I need to do in order to use my VA Educational benefits at CCU?

Submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) or your e-Benefits page to After everything is set up on CCU’s side, an email confirmation will be sent to you with details on our processes and what to expect.

Do I have to be degree-seeking in order to use my VA Educational benefits?

Yes. You must be a degree-seeking student in order to utilize your VA Educational benefits.

Can I wait to declare a major?

You will need to declare a major in order to use your VA Educational benefits. You can change your major at any point, if you decide to pursue a different field of study.

I would like to repeat a course. Will the VA pay for this?

If you complete a course and earn a satisfactory grade for your degree program, the VA will not pay for the course to be repeated. However, if you earn a failing grade in the class or you earn a grade lower than what is required by your degree program, the VA will allow you to repeat the course and pay in accordance with your GI Bill® benefit.

Does the VA pay CCU or send the payment to me? When does the VA typically send payment?

If you are using the Ch.33 Post-9/11 GI Bill®: tuition and fees will be paid directly to CCU. Typically it will take 4-6 weeks after the start of each block for CCU to receive payment from the VA. If you are eligible for a housing allowance or a book stipend, the VA will send payment for those directly to you.

If you are using any other GI Bill®: the general monthly stipend will be paid directly to you. You should speak to the VA about the timing of those payments.

I am using the Post-9/11 GI Bill® and rated at 100%. Why do I keep getting statements that show a balance on my account?

A balance may show on your account because the VA has not yet paid CCU for all of your classes. CCU will request tuition and fees for each block after the drop period (7 days after the start of the block). If you are taking classes in multiple blocks each semester, there will be a balance on your account until CCU receives the payment for the last block that you take in that semester. The statements are for informational purposes, and do not indicate that the VA is not going to pay for your classes.

What is the Yellow Ribbon program?

In the Yellow Ribbon program, universities agree to partner with the VA in order to fund tuition and fees in excess of the private school annual maximum set by the VA. VA will match the contributions from CCU, up to $5,000.00 per eligible student in the College of Adult and Graduate Studies.

Do I qualify for the Yellow Ribbon program? Do I have to apply in order to participate?

If you are covered under the Ch.33 Post-9/11 GI Bill® at the 100% rating, and you are not an active duty service member or the spouse of an active duty service member, you are eligible for the Yellow Ribbon program. You do not need to apply to be included in the Yellow Ribbon program. If you are eligible, CCU will automatically request Yellow Ribbon funds when it is appropriate.

What is considered full time rate of pursuit for MHA at CCU?

VA considers CCU a school with non-standard terms, because of the 5-, 7-, and 8-week courses that we offer. As a result, the VA does not provide CCU with a definitive calculation to determine full-time status, and has requested that CCU not advise students on this. We recommend contacting the VA directly to inquire about rate of pursuit and how it relates to housing allowance. You can call the VA Education Call Center at 1-888-442-4551.

Military Tuition Assistance FAQs

Do I qualify for Military Tuition Assistance (i.e. “MilTA”)?

Each military branch has a unique tuition assistance program(s) with specific eligibility requirements. Your local installation education center on base will assist you in the application process for military tuition assistance.

How much MilTA can I get for my courses?

Military tuition assistance is authorized per credit hour. The specific dollar amount per credit hour varies across all military branches and MilTA programs; please inquire with your education office for how much you can receive for your courses.

How do I get my MilTA applied to my Colorado Christian University student account?

Once you receive your MilTA authorization form from your education office, please submit your form to in order to apply the MilTA to your CCU student account. Please allow 5 business days in order for your account to be properly adjusted. For ArmyIgnitED users, TA will be submitted to CCU through the automated system.

When should I send my TA authorization form in to Colorado Christian University? Where do I submit the form?

Please submit your MilTA authorization form prior to your course start date to Failure to submit by the first day of your course may result in account holds and past due activity, so it is in your best interest to arrange tuition assistance as soon as possible. For ArmyIgnitED users, TA will be submitted to CCU through the automated system.

My education office needs a statement listing my courses and the costs associated. Where can I find this information?

Student account statements are available via CCU Student Self-Service under the Student Finance section. Click on ‘Account Activity’ icon first and the ‘View Statement’ icon second in order to view a printable/savable account statement. If your education office requires more documentation, please contact

Where can I see that my TA has applied to my account?

Please log in to CCU Student Self-Service to see your account balance and activity in real time under the Student Finance section. You may also contact for an update.

My tuition assistance posted to my account, but I still have a balance. Why is that?

Military tuition assistance programs typically cover the cost of tuition only. Please inquire about the specific policies associated with your tuition assistance program with your Education Office. In most cases, additional fees such as books, course fees, and miscellaneous charges are your personal responsibility to cover beyond what your MilTA will cover for that term.

I dropped the course for which I was authorized to receive MilTA. Can I use that MilTA to cover tuition, etc. for another course instead?

A MilTA authorization form specifies the course(s) for which each student is authorized to receive MilTA. Therefore, in the case of a course drop or other such circumstances, the MilTA cannot be transferred to cover the costs for another course without the submission of a new MilTA authorization form. If you find yourself in this situation, please contact your education office to change the courses for which you are authorized to receive MilTA. Then submit your new form to

Apply for Free