Colorado Christian University
Colorado Christian University
Military Tuition Assistance

Military Tuition Assistance

Tuition Assistance for Military Service Members

Military Tuition Assistance (MilTA) is an education benefit provided by the Department of Defense and the Department of Homeland Security to assist service members financially as they pursue voluntary, off-duty civilian formal education and training. MilTA is available at the Certificate, Associate, Bachelor’s, and Master’s degree levels.

Each branch of the US Armed Forces maintains their individual tuition assistance policies within the limits of the Department of Defense and Department of Homeland Security voluntary education guidelines. You can find general TA information for each branch listed here, but you should always consult your local military Education Center for specific TA information, policies, and procedures.

Tuition Assistance by Branch

Air Force
Coast Guard
Marine Corps
National Guard (Colorado)

How to Use Military Tuition Assistance

  • Submit your approved TA form to Request authorization to use TA funds to cover your CCU tuition as soon as possible before the class starts so the TA payment is processed in a timely manner.
  • CCU’s Student Payments office verifies you are enrolled in the class notated on the TA form
  • The Student Payments office adjusts your account balance to re-assign tuition charges to the military service branch. Your account is flagged so that finance fees are not charged on tuition amounts covered by the TA.
  • Verify any charges that are not covered by tuition assistance. These are charges you are responsible for.
  • After you’ve completed the course, and after the grade is posted, the Student Payments office invoices the service branch for the covered tuition amount.
  • Payment from the service branch is typically received and applied within one month of invoice.

Apply Now

  • Ready to get started? Take the first step by applying to CCU's College of Adult and Graduate Studies, and start investing in your future.

  • CCU Online

    The College of Adult and Graduate Studies offers adult students the opportunity to earn their degree online from anywhere in the world.

  • CCU Colorado

    Adult students living in Colorado can visit any one of our seven center locations throughout the Colorado region.